Thursday, March 4, 2010

Congrats!


I needed a really quick "congrats" card today and literally threw this one together.......(I know, it looks like it was "thrown together" too!) I think my brain is fried or something. I just can not for the life of me come up with anything I like. I mean, I made a card yesterday and in my mind it was just gorgeous. However, after I completed it, I threw it in the trash - and didn't really want to even do that in case someone accidentally saw it there! How bad is that!! SO, tomorrow I think I'll stay completely out of the craft room and see if my brain starts clicking in again.

I used Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, White and Tea Party DP (SU) on this card. The sentiment is from Gracious Greetings (CTMH). I added the paper flowers with brads and it was done.

Thanks for stopping by............

Lynn

7 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

We are our own worst critics. Personally, I think this is lovely. And it doesn't look thrown together at all. It looks like you took a lot of time carefully selecting the cardstock to coordinate with the patterned paper and the flowers to accent it all.

I can't believe you threw a card out! Even ones I don't like I finish and keep then put in my donate pile. Someone will like it. I don't often post those on my blog, but I hate wasting the time, effort and paper so I make sure someone other than the garbage man gets them.

When my mojo has left me, I have learned not to force it. I just close the door to my craft room and don't go back in until I feel the urge to create again. And not a "have to get a birthday card out" urge but a "I really have a great idea and want to make a card" urge.

Tina said...

I wish I could *throw* a card together the way you do! It's really a great clean and simple card and I like your flower cluster. My mojo's been lacking all this week. You can tell by my blog (or lack of post). Maybe next week. :)

Carrie said...

I think your congrats card is cute. Don't be so hard on yourself...just take a break the creativity will come. I'm in the same place right now, nothing is coming together so I'm taking a break for a few days.

sarahw said...

I like this card, very pretty. Sometimes our best cards are the ones we throw together. :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is really a pretty card-everything coordinates so well-we all have those times when we think the mojo is just not working-but everyone else likes what we are creating

Marlene said...

Ummmm. Ok. I was thinking, VERY PRETTY! Then I read your "slapped together" comment. Nuh-uh. Slapped together or not - it's still VERY PRETTY. :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- I like the pretty BG paper and the card does not look 'slapped together' at all!