Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tough-ie


Ok, this was just a really hard card for me to do!!!! The image, from Designed2Delight for their progressive challenge, is just lovely.......however, I COULD NOT come up with whatever I thought I wanted to do!! BUT, it's done......I will say this.....I'm kinda looking at it as a piece of art. They say that when you look at art you should stand back from it and not view it close up so you can get the full effect! Well, if you "stand back" from this, it really is nice!

I used some Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, and Soft Suede paper. The sentiment is from a CTMH set. I colored the image with Copics and crayons! Yes, crayons...........

Oh, on a side note here - if you have time, go check out this site: Sincerely Babette! She makes the cutest little projects and today she's got a darling purse with a few accessories! Very cute, Babette.

Thanks for stopping by..............

Lynn

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute! Nice fall card! Kudos to you for cutting out those leaves! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this precious wreath of autumn leaves!! What a great design, Lynn!

We didn't get enough rain to wash us away yesterday and very little wind! My thirsty grass was screaming, "YES!" Today is sunny and bright!! Hope it's not in your neighborhood today!

Sherrie Conner said...

Cute!! Love the falling leaves from the wreath! Great idea!! Fun!

Thanks so much for being a part of the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge!! :)

Tammy said...

Lynn, I think it is absolutely wonderful and I'm not standing back!

Becky said...

What a beautiful fall card Jimlynn

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great card, love how you cut out the leaves and the fall colors! Hope you are staying dry, as I watch my pool fill up. Have a great day, stay dry.

KER said...

lovely autumn card...love the colors...great work

Unknown said...

I adore autumnal colours. Great card.

Laurie HIMCR said...

Pretty card! I love the little different colored leaves and the "fallen" leaves are such a great touch! tfs!

paige said...

How fun to have the leaves falling off the wreath! Great card!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great use of the digistamp!! Love the falling leaves and your coloring!! I looked at the card up close and stepped back from my computer and looked again and both times I loved it :)
Maria

jaydee said...

close up - or standing back... this is still a gorgeous card, Lynn. really fabulous.
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

Lynn I love it! Great Fall card! Colors are really pretty too!

Carrie said...

LOL Lynn you crack me up. I think its cute, I like the falling leaves.

Rach said...

I don't know, I like it! It's perfectly autumn-y and the falling leaves are a particularly nice touch. :o)

Spelled With An I said...

I love fall cards! I love this one especially because you weren't afraid to admit to using Crayons. Hey, we do what we gotta do...love it!

Tina Connolly said...

Great card

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Close or far this is a cute autumn card.