Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wishing for April Showers


Just like last year I'm afraid, we're in drought conditions around here in Texas again. I don't even remember what rain looks like, smells like, or what it does! I'm really thinking that the last time we had any type of measurable rain was back in maybe September of last year! Now this is NOT good. If you have grass - it's not green. There are hardly any wildflowers this year and usually the countryside is just filled with them. Even the barn swallows are having trouble building their little mud type nests - as there is no mud!

SO, the only thing I can do is to make a card with some "rain" on it! This little House Mouse image makes me smile every time I see him. He is one happy little camper trying to catch that rain in his mouth! I used some Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plumb, and some DP I had in my stash. He's colored with Prismas and on the "rain" I used some Liquid Glass to kinda give it the appearance of the real thing. The sentiment is computer generated and I'll be using this for a birthday card for later in month. Now the flowers..............If you've followed my blog for awhile you know I NEVER use flowers! Everyone else can do these wonderful cards with the gorgeous flowers on them and yet I try to use flowers and it just looks like I hit up the artificial flower section at Walmart! Maybe I just need to upgrade the quality of flowers I use...Um...

This is for several challenges this week: House Mouse Challenge (the sketch I used - and I'm really liking it alot!), Crafty Creations Challenges (rain/showers), Fresh Brewed Designs (flowers) and Sassy Studio Designs (April showers with something wet or watery added (liquid pearls)).

Thanks for stopping by.................

Lynn

24 comments:

Babette said...

This card is the sweetest! I do like purple and you do such a great job coloring. In Utah we are gearing up for potential flooding. We've had more than our share of rain and snow.

MiamiKel said...

OH Lynn, I'm so sorry about the drought conditions - that is always our fear here in South Florida, too - it gets soooo very hot and the poor lakes and rivers get lower and lower. But I digress! Your card - oh my friend, how joyful! I'm so lovin' how you colored this gorgeous lil house mouse! I have a few of these stamps but dont' have a clue how to color them -you made this looks just perfect!! Love the color purple, who am I kidding, I love everything about this! Blessings! x0x0

Lesley said...

love the colours in this card and the image I hope you get some rain soon - sadly we often get too much but that is the way of the world I suppose. best wishes Lesley x

Monica said...

I love this cute card with it's soothing colours, Lynn. I do so hope that it helps in pleasing the rain Gods!!! So sorry that everything is so dry there...

The mouse is lovely and so are the rain drops...

I am in Singapore as I write to you... will send my email asap. You are so kind, I am touched.

Hugs,

Monica

Tammy said...

Sweet card and wonderful color choices and coloring. Wish we could send you some of our rain, seems like that is all it does.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card, I keep saying I want to get House Mouse stamps, but never do, but this one is warming me up. Hope this card helps with the rain, we had rain last week, but really not enough. Have a great weekend.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Sorry you are in a drought! We've had our fair share but THANK THE GOOD LORD.....we are scheduled for BLUE SKIES for tomorrow's tag sale!!!!
Yippeee!!

I love that HM image too and your colored it great!! Enjoy the weekend!
Maria

NanaConnie said...

Lynn, Fabulous card! I DO love House Mousies! Since purple is my favorite color, you know I think your color choices are perfect. Love the way you colored the image. I think California got all of the rain meant for Texas this year! So much poured down on us here nothing was left in the clouds to make it across to Texas. Would you like me to ship some to you? I have a very full rain barrel I could send! :-)

Sue said...

Such pretty colors and that little mouse is enjoying being caught in the rain. My best friend lives in Austin. I know how important rain is to them. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with this great card!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Christine said...

Gorgeous HM creation this lill guy is enjoying his free shower..LOL thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

How sweet is your little mouse! I was thinking he looks like he's celebrating and noticed your sentiment :) We don't get much rain in AZ either but we got just a little yesterday. Have a good weekend!

paige said...

This HM image is adorable! Cute card!

Jean McKenzie said...

Lynn this is such a pretty and happy card. Love my favourite colours that you have used here. I have been to Texas and there was a drought on at the time. We have had a tremendous lot of rain here this year - so lovely and green now!

Anne Temple said...

Love your image and the colors you chose. I hope you get some rain soon.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is just soo cute and the papers and flowers are lovely !! :-) I hope you get some rain soon !
We have had the wettest winter on record (Malta),,, weird weather eh !!

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Dorte said...

Sweet image yuo have used on your card and the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Dorte,x. GD March

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha! You think making this card is wishful thinking LOL! Darling image and fun sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

Mary Marsh said...

cute card lynn-love this hm image-the rain situation is not good-hope it changes soon

America said...

Love the soothing colors and soft coloring. Great job on our sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at house-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! Hope to see you again next time! :)

Anonymous said...

love the purple in this card its sooo pretty!!!

hugs June

Lynn McAuley said...

We would certainly be celebrating here if we could get a little rain!! Love this precious House Mouse!!Great card, Lynn!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rain sure would be nice here, too. There was a threat of thundrstorms last night and they ended up passing us by. *sigh* Maybe soon!! Your card is so cute! Love how you used all of the pretty purples to compliment that sweet image! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really hope you get some rain soon!! Sweet card, thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena