Monday, June 13, 2011

Lara Ladybug



It's time for another challenge over at Stamps R Us and the theme for the next two weeks will be 1-2-3...meaning, one image, two patterned papers, and three embellishments!  I can always come up with the three embellishments and one image - but mixing two patterned papers is a toughie.  Maybe that's why it's always best for me to buy paper packs, etc....Anyway, our sponsor is Digital Delights by Louby Loo and she has given the DT precious images to work with.  Be sure and check out her store for cute images.  You have two weeks to enter and the winner will receive a very nice prize package...plus the top three will be awarded a badge to go on their sidebar.  So head on over to Stamps R Us Challenges and enter today.

This little cutie is named Lara Ladybug (from Digital Delights) and I cut her out, popped up another wing, and then colored her with Bic Markers.  The DP is some scraps I had in red.. I embossed the white background and also the square with the image in it...the sentiment is from CTMH, Happy Birthday set - and after adding the ribbon, I ran some red and white Bakers Twine over it.

Thanks for stopping by......and don't forget to check out the Stamps R Us Challenge.
Lynn

25 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

I love everything about this card,the image is adorable, with those eyes, the paper, twine and embossing. How long did it take to cut this out.....??? Tell me you didn't sit and cut out the little antennae? Wow! Love it.

Lynn McAuley said...

I believe that is the sweetest-faced ladybug I have ever seen!! Beautiful work with all these wonderful reds, Lynn!!

Erum Tasneem said...

awwww so so so adorable! Look at her face! Too cute! You did a fabulous job with the recipe, love how you handled the two PP's.. everything fits so well together.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

She is adorable!!! - Wow the bic markers worked great for this image!! Love how you colored her in!

You also did great with the two patterned papers!!!
Have a great week :)
Maria

Anne Marie Hile said...

How adorable is this? Eeek!! I love the mix of papers and that little cutie is colored perfectly. So sweet! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Lynn you did a fabulous job with mixing your patterned papers, Lara is so cute and I just love your card!

Tammy said...

Too cute for words Lynn and I love how you mixed up the dp. Really eye appealing.

McCrafty's Cards said...

this is an adorable card, the lady bug is gorgeous and i like your design.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

This is so sweet Lynn!! Fabulous colors and papers! ...and little Lara is colored beautifully! Tammy :)

Collette said...

Love how white and one other color make it look so crisp. Wonderfully done.

Wendy Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Hall said...

Absolutely delightful Lynn:)
Hope you had fun with our stamps this week.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Shannon White said...

Wow, Lynn, this is Fabulous! I love the dp's you chose, they look great together! And your Ladybug is sooo Sweet, fabulously colored and so perfectly cut out! Love the whole thing! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

MiamiKel said...

Soooooooooo sweet!!! This is positively joyful, perfect papers to match this lil cutie, Lynn! Wonderfully crafted! x0x0

Alissa said...

So cute Lynn. Love the image and color combo. Great theme for the challenge!

Carol L said...

Oh Lynn, this is adorable!!! I LOVE your coloring and DP choices, but what fascinates me is how you have the ladybug spilling out of the box! What a fantastic and CUTE card!

jaydee said...

Lynn, this is absolutely darling. I love your choice of DSPs - I wish I could do this as well as you. You have the knack for getting it just right! Fabulous coloring job, too. thanks for bringing a smile to my face with this amazing card.
hugs
jaydee

Becky said...

This is just adorable Lynn. wonderful design paper, so perfect with this image.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card lynn-I love the little ladybug image-it would be so cute for my sweet little phoneix daisy-have to check out louby lou's site-you did a great job of using 2 patterned papers

Dana said...

Awww!! I don't know where that saying "cute as a bugs ear" came from but this definitely is!! Love it (and red is my all time fav color!!)
Hugs~
Dana

Jennipher said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love all the red. The white makes the image pop.

Babette said...

She is the cutest! The colors are great. Good job!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Isn't she just the sweetest - just want to pinch her little cheeks! Great use of REDS!!!!

jojoscraps said...

Lynn, This is ADORABLE! Your coloring is amazing and I love the design and colors of this card. Sweet! Sweet! Sweet!
Jo xx

Kim P said...

Such a sweet and adorable card!