Friday, July 15, 2011

Copics 101

Don't anyone get real excited because I still love my Prisma pencils...however...I did purchase a few more Copics the other day and am in the process of learning how to use them.  So many use this color medium and all the creations tend to be gorgeous so I thought I'd give it a try and maybe some of that gorgeous-ness will rub off on me! LOL!   I'm pretty sure I've viewed every video made on how to use these things and was still having such a hard time.  So, I purchased this wonderful book (Copic Coloring Guide) and must say I'm loving it.  For a beginner like me it sure is coming in handy and hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.

After seeing Jan's card using this image, I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at it.  Mine is no where close to being as pretty as hers but....I'm learning and I guess that's what it's all about.  Also, Dana, has been so much inspiration with her lovely coloring with Copics...take a look and you'll see what I'm talking about!

I'm not REAL happy with the card (but am happy with the coloring for a first shot at this).  I was going to stamp a sentiment at the base of the flowers but was just too plain "chicken"!  It took me forever to get this thing colored and I wasn't about to mess it up trying to stamp a sentiment on there straight! LOL!    I just used some GP card stock from Walmart for this this image - but will be doing all the ones in the future with Cryogen paper - Tammy was so gracious to send me a couple of sheets of this to try and I love it. Thanks again, Tammy.

So a big SHOUT OUT to these three ladies - and all the rest that color so pretty with Copics!  Thanks for all your inspiration.

 Thanks for stopping by.............and have a great weekend.
Lynn

27 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Lynn, your card is gorgeous and your coloring of it is fantastic! Thanks for the shout out, you're such a sweetie.

Sharon said...

I think this is fabulous Lynn. I need that book too as I need to learn a few more tricks, my colouring is far from fabulous!!! Well done, this is an excellent attempt. I can only see you doing better and better. hugs Sharon x

Tammy said...

WOW Lynn this is gorgeous! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful!! This is so elegant, I love it!
Hugs, Tammy

Dixie said...

You did a wonderful job colouring this! I think I need that book, too. I watch the videos but just can't get it quite right. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card!

Cleota said...

I think it looks fantastic! Great shading and with reds to boot - reds are hard to blend! Gonna have to get my hands on that book I guess.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Lynn, gorgeous coloring.

Monica said...

Hey Lynn,

This card is superb... such perfect colouring!!! Look at that shading! BEEEEEAUTIFUL! I think this card is like a framable so does not need a sentiment - know what I mean. Well done, honestly!

xxx Monica

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous work with these stunning red poppies, Lynn!! What a wonderful card!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Lynn! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Don't cut yourself short - you did a beautiful job coloring!!! I too love the look of copics, but, honestly...I don't need another coloring medium right now!! (as you know since you rec'd some of my copics!!)

This is beautiful!!!
Maria

Faye said...

Lynn!! You're a natural. This is one of your first attempts! I've been at it for months and am no way as good as this. And to top it off, you've made a stunning card. I'm off into the corner to lick my wounds! ;)
Have a great weekend. xxx

Shirley said...

Beautiful! The DP is perfect for your lovely image! Simply elegant!

Babette said...

You did a great job, it's beautiful!

Anne Temple said...

Fantastic job Lynn! Your shading and coloring is spot-on! Love the image - it's one of my favorite flowers.

Karen Howard said...

Lynn, I'd say you've already mastered coloring with your new copic markers. Your image is beautiful and I love the paper you paired it with! Hugs, Karen

Carol L said...

You sure learned how to color real fast, because this card is awesome! The coloring on your flowers is just gorgeous! Don't tell anyone, but I just ordered more Copics & reinkers today before the price goes up Aug 1st! I'm addicted to coloring with them:)

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a wonderful job would never know you were not comfortable with Copics, the shading is perfect. Love this image, may have to get it, you made such a lovely card. Thanks for all your well wishes, so appreciate it. Still in a bit of pain but nothing like it was the other night, I think giving birth was easier :)

Unknown said...

I think the coloring on this card is fantastic...Copics are a blast to work with and deliver an absolute beautiful result...you are well on your way to creating more beautiful cards with these markers...:)

KER said...

stunning...beautiful...gorgeous...i LOVE the coloring and papers...truly a work of art

NanaConnie said...

Lynn, You've done a fabulous job! Love the red color palette, the dp and the perfection of the three pearls! I have yet to try the Cryogen paper but if it works better for Copics (which I'm still trying to master), I'll have to get some if it. Unfortunately, my printer is very picky about the weight of the paper it's willing to tolerate. :-)

Marilyn said...

Awesome colouring job Lynn and you can't tell it's a first timer... looks like you've been doing the Copics for a long time.
It's gorgeous... the red and white are such a great combo and those three pearls in the corner are just the right amount of embellishment.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Lynn, I would have never known it was your first time using the copics, your shading and colouring is fabulous.
Kevin xx

Dana said...

Lynn this is amazing!! Poppies are not the easiest to color, simply because red tends to spread a little more than the other colors, so you're already way ahead of the game!! It took me months before I would even touch a red marker.. lol! You are such a sweetie and I am the one that needs to thank you for all of your constant love and support : )
xx
Dana

jaydee said...

Lynn, gorgeous - your coloring is beautiful. Copics do take a little while to get used to - and finding the right paper to color on is crucial. I love the colors you chose.
hugs
jaydee

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- love the great coloring and shading- you get an A+++!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card lynn-I love your copic coloring-I havent taken the plunge but I want to-want to take a class first-but the book sound interesting

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lynn, you should be REAL happy with this one because it is beautiful in every way! I love your coloring and all of the gorgeous layers. Crisp, clean and Copic-tastic!

Carrie said...

I think you did a wonderful job. the coloring and shading is gorgeous